Dr. Ian Rainey, D.C. | Lower back pain can be caused by a variety of problems with any parts of the complex, interconnected network of spinal muscles, nerves, bones, discs or tendons in the lumbar spine. Typical sources of low back pain include:Dr. Rainey will sit down with you and explain exactly what is happening inside your body to cause your low back pain. Then he will tell you how to correct the condition, as well as how much it will cost and how long it will take to resolve.
- The large nerve roots in the low back that go to the legs may be irritated
- The smaller nerves that supply the low back may be irritated
- The large paired lower back muscles (erector spinae) may be strained
- The bones, ligaments or joints may be damaged
- An intervertebral disc may be degenerating